Friday, November 8, 2019

Speak Up

Speak UP



Speak UP for those in the back,
For those who live in fear,
For those who have no voice.

Speak UP for those in the dark,
For those who need to hear
what you have to say.

Speak UP for your friends,
for your family,
for your neighbors.

Maybe I'm not my brother's keeper,
But I can be his advocate,
his friend,
his megaphone.

So if there's a thought, a hug, an "I love you" waiting to be unleashed from the bowels of your brain, set it free, let it go, share it, because "Love is a powerful thing to waste".

For more poems, motivational quotes, and cuteness, follow me on Instagram @galigaligumdrop



Peace, love, and free hugs,
~Mama Gali

2 comments:

  1. Was this supposed to be a pun?

    "So if there's a thought, a hug, an "I love you" waiting to be unleashed from the bowels of your brain, set it free, let it go, share it, because "Love is a powerful thing to waste"."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a pun, just figurative language. Now that I look back the word "bowels" probably has the wrong connotation. O added that part because sometimes when I'm talking to a friend I want to end the call with a quick "love you" but that feels weird, so I hold back. I'm trying to hold back less to the good stuff, so if I tell you I love ya its because I'm owning my weirdness, and because I want to share the love.

    ReplyDelete