Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Wait. Rewind. Playback. Whoa.

 Today, as my daughter was watching one of those weird unwrapping videos in another language, I asked her


"Wouldn't you rather go play with your toys, than watch someone else play?"


Her answer? A very casual yet clear "Nah".


So she went back to her video, and I went back to catching up on my social media, and then it hit me. Like a lightbulb, firework, supernova of synapses in my brain...

Mind. Blown.


"Wouldn't you rather go play with your toys, than watch someone else play?"


YES. I would actually. I'd much rather go water the vegetable garden, splash in the tub, make silly sounds as I for once make time to actually read the never-ending stack of books my little ones request at bedtime. 


I believe with all my heart that often, a higher power gives us words to speak that we also need to hear ourselves. Tonight was one of those moments. It's time to stop living the "Do as I say, not as I do" philosophy, and actually live the life that I want my kids to see and appreciate and participate and create. 


So this is me, putting my invisible money where my mouth is, and putting down the phone, and inviting you to do it too. (Total coincidence that mine badly needs to be charged 🤣).


Xoxo

Mama Gali 



No comments:

Post a Comment