Monday, July 27, 2020


A walk in the forest


Tell Me I'm Loved

If you don't tell me you love me
How will I know its true?
What can I hold on to
When life has me feeling blue?

Tell me I'm loved
Say it a thousand times
Share a song link
Or send a card that rhymes

If I'm your friend or your family or even sat next to you on a plane
Share that message of light
Let love fall like rain

Love louder. It matters
To say how you feel
When the thoughts are lying
You're love is what's real



So tell me you love me
Say it any way that you can
Tell me you love me
Again and again

Yesterday, as we drove home from our a very restorative nature escape, this song came on a shuffled playlist. My husband looked at me and said "I want you to hear this". He paused it until I was ready to put down my phone (omg guys he's a keeper) and then turned up the volume and let the lyrics fill the truck. Honestly, I cried as a listened, because the words described how I've been feeling. Lonely, bottom of the list, tired. 

Sometimes we all need a reminder that we're loved. If you're married, tell your spouse you love them. They might think its odd, or ask what you did that needs forgiving, and that's okay. Say it anyway. If you're single, call a friend. They might really need that voice of love in this moment, and texting isn't quite the same. For those of us who feel like they have no friends, no family, no body to turn to, turn to God. He loves you, even if you don't believe. And maybe, just maybe, you'll be comforted by the act of spilling your guts to the universe. Even if you're not "a praying person" you can always speak from your heart, and God will listen. 

So today, tomorrow, and always, take a moment to #LoveLouder. If you won't do it for you, then please do it as a favor to me. The world needs more love, I need more love, and it can be as simple as sharing a favorite song. Give it a listen by clicking here.

For more original poetry, click here to check out my book, which can be read on any smartphone or in paperback. 

For those who live in Texas, and are ready for a change of scenery, consider clicking here to reserving a day pass to Huntsville State Park. It's worth every penny to take a walk in the forest, or picnic by the lake.

Thanks for taking the time to read this far. In case no one has told you yet, you're lovely, and loved, and you're light shine brighter than you might think.

Bloom. Even in the slime


Xoxo
Mama Gali

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful message! Beautiful song!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, reading this later I totally forgot which song was mentioned and apparently my post didn't specify! Time to give it another listen...

      Delete